We have tried many Low-Carb Pizza recipes in the past, but this is by far our favorite Keto Pizza recipe! You don’t have to miss Pizza any more on a Ketogenic Diet!
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F
2. Mix 100g almond flour, 60g coconut flour, 16g ground psyllium husk, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp Italian herbs, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites
3. Add 240ml (1 cup) boiling water and mix again
4. Flatten/spread the pizza dough on a baking tray with your hands and a pizza roller. Use some olive oil to make it less sticky.
5. Put the pizza base in the oven for 20 minutes
6. Mix 150g tomato sauce/purée (or cherry tomatoes) with 60g tomato paste (or use more tomato sauce to reduce carbs), 45g olive oil, one garlic clove (or some garlic powder), 1/4 tsp sea salt and 7.5g basil. A food processor or blender should work just fine.
7. After 20 minutes, take out the pizza base from the oven and spread the sauce on top. Then add whatever toppings you like, in our case that’s 150g of kerrygold cheese and 75g of bacon.
8. Put it back in the oven for 5-6 minutes for the cheese to melt and for the bacon to get slightly crunchy.
9. The Keto pizza is done! We like to split ours into 4 slices, and have one slice per meal. We usually add a little extra olive oil and sea salt on top. Arugula and olives are great additions as well!
I included the nutritional value for 1/4 pizza with the sauce & toppings that we used in the video.
Here is the nutritional value for just the base itself (per 1/4 pizza), in case you want to add your own sauce and toppings:
19,9g fat, 12,5g protein, 3,3g carbs (net), 267,7 calories
Hope you get as much joy out of the recipe as we do (almost) every Monday! 🙂